New York Computer Forensics and Electronic Discovery Services
Computer forensic analysis and electronic discovery are the processes of obtaining electronic evidence from computers and electronic media in order to analyze and preserve that evidence for admissibility in court.Silver Shield Security Forensics Department, has dedicated staff who specialize in the identification, extraction, interpretation and most importantly – documentation of electronic evidence. We work with individuals, businesses and lawyers and are skilled in all areas, including preparation for legal actions and trial.
Our New York-based computer forensic staff can help you:
- Recover deleted files such as documents, pdfs, movies, graphics, and photos.
- Extract electronic data from databases, obtain e-mails from e-mail servers, and reconstruct events from electronic evidence.
- Search “unallocated” space on the computer’s hard drive. These are spaces on a computer where data exists but is not easily reachable without a forensics expert.
- Find “hidden files.” These are computer files that are not visible to the user, but that can be analyzed to find past usage information. Our New York-based computer forensics expert to constructs and analyze date codes for each file to determine when when it was created, modified, accessed or deleted.
- Acquire data from virtually any type of computer media including hard drives, backup tapes, CD-ROM, floppy disks.
What can computer forensics do for you?
- Our computer forensic analysis can reveal internet usage, dates and times that the internet was accessed, what websites were visited and what files where downloaded. This information can be documented for use in legal proceedings.
- Our forensic specialists can recover data, and accomplish a full analysis even after the computer has been re-formatted and files deleted. Our complete and detailed analysis uses industry-standard methodology, and we supply you with a concise written report when done.
- Best of all, since you are dealing with a licensed and bonded private investigator service, we know what it takes to prepare documents for court cases and legal proceedings.
Additionally, our computer forensic specialists and private investigators can:
- Determine the best legal and technical strategies
- Aid in Depositions
- Providing Expert Witness Testimony
- Preparation of client witnesses
- Offer objective expert testimony
- Expose flaws in the opposing counsel’s evidence interpretation
Our licensed New York Private Investigators (Former NYPD) and our New York Computer Forensic Investigators are highly skilled at acquiring and delivering legal evidence. We have the training and experience necessary to analyze and uncover electronic evidence. Our high level of training and legal experience serves to ensure the court admissibility of the electronic evidence we recover.